Flower, whence came thy dazzling hue?
~ James Montgomery ~
aquamarine, ball, bjd, cut, doll, dolly, elegance, enchanted, eyes, gretel, hansel, hd 57, humming, jointed, kaoru, lace, Leekeworld, muffin, RUSI, spiritdoll, SWITCH, tatting, tsune, Uhui, uhui r, Volks
aquamarine, ball, bjd, doll, dolly, elegance, enchanted, eyelashes, haru, hd 57, hd 60, hd 65, humming, jointed, kaoru, love60, mikado, Millefeuille, mizuki, muffin, nougat, RUSI, sadol, SD, shiho, soseo, spiritdoll, SWITCH, tsune, Uhui, Volks, waseon, wild, ziki
Do you know there are many different types of eyelashes and at a wide range of prices for both human and BJD? I was amazed by the varieties and prices when I was looking around for my dollies.
In this post, I would like to share on those I have bought for my dollies. I tried to capture their eyelashes in these photos. Hope it’s clear enough.
1. Eyelashes for human (S$2) – need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes; took some effort to put them on her.
2. Volks Eyelashes for SD (300+yen), more natural looking – no trimming required; easy to put on him.
3. Volks Eyelashes for SD (about 600+yen): this one came in one length for you to cut out the amount you need; no trimming required; easy to put on him.
4. Eyelashes for human ($2), different style: need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes a bit; some efforts to put on him.
5. Eyelashes for human ($2), different style: need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes a fair bit; some efforts to put on her.
5. Volks Eyelashes for SD (300+yen?): this one is white colour; no cutting or trimming required; easy to put it on him.
Ziki [直] arrived on 27 Aug and he’s the fairest of them all. He is a Waseon Rosy White on Humming Dolly new Attractive body. He was released during SWITCH 6th Anniversary. I gave him a light face up since he’s very fair. Initially I thought of using a light coloured wig but somehow, he doesn’t seem to like it. So will settle with this pecan brown Tart cut for him.
I will need to shop for a pair of eyes for him though. I borrowed Tsune’s blue eyes for this shoot. The one below is a pale rose which I don’t like how he looks with it.
Later, when the light is good, will try to take some comparison photos of him with the rest of the dolly folks and you will see how fair he is.
Oh, his name means: soon/nearby/honesty/frankness/simplicity/cheerfulness/correctness/being straight/…
ajeong, ANCY, anniversary, ball, bjd, Closer, doll, dolly, elegance, Gi, hane, haru, hd 57, hd 60, hd 65, humming, jointed, kaoru, love60, mikado, mikoto, mizuki, Nyeon, RUSI, sadol, seoha, shiho, shun, So, soseo, spiritdoll, SWITCH, tsune, uhui r, Ver, 少年記
Today is the 4th year Kaoru (Rusi) is with me. Time flies.
When I first saw SWITCH dolls, originally known as So Nyeon Gi (少年記), I was captivated by their dolls and the way they presented them. Then at their 1st Anniversary, they released Rusi. I didn’t manage to get him because he was sold out within seconds of release.
Then in 2011, I bought him together with Hane (Ancy). By the time the heads and their bodies came and finally assembled, it was 10 Aug 2012. These two are my first SWITCHies. Over time, the rest came. Little did I expect the family to grow when I first purchased Kaoru and Hane… (^_ ^;;)
Changed Haru’s body to a smaller size, 60cm. At least now, she doesn’t look too big when put beside Tsune who is 57cm and Shun, 60cm, in my previous post. Some day, will try to take her with the bigger boys to see how they look.
紫陽花, or hydrangea. One of my favourite flowers. I bought a pot two years ago for Lunar New Year. The flowers withered away a few days later. Now the plant is still thriving but it has not flowered since. Likely the climate is not conducive for it to flower.
I read their flowering season coincides with Tsuyu (梅雨), rainy season in Japan. Will need to brave the rains and the humidity if I want to see them in bloom. Oh, but the photos shared online are just so captivating. (*^0^*)