We just had a long weekend due to a public holiday. But why it felt as if the weekend was shorter?
At the animal rescue centre a couple of years ago.
Mikoto’s friend, a volunteer at the animal rescue centre, sought his help to take some photos of the animals who were ready for adoption during the term break. And that was when Mikoto first met Kin who was a young cat then.
The centre has just managed to rescue the barely alive Kin from his owner after they received a tip off that the man has been abusing his cat. They were afraid that they might have to put Kin down as he suffered a hit on his head, some broken bones on his chest and fore limb. But Mikoto succeeded in convincing them to let him care for the kitten.
Since then, Mikoto visited Kin everyday and cared for him. Initially, Kin cowered in fear whenever Mikoto tried to approach him. But after some time, Kin started to accept his presence and finally even allowed Mikoto to hold him. Everyone in the centre was happy to see Kin’s steady recovery and trust in man again.
When Kin was finally out of danger, Mikoto took him home and the triplets adopted him and gave him the name “Kin [金]” because of his pale golden fur. And Kin is happy to find a home where he is loved and safe.
In many ways, this loose shirt is an experiment. This soft and thin white cloth is called “Bahama Voile”. It wrinkles but I quite like the effect. Then I varied the box shirt pattern. And finally, because some of the blue sewing markings wouldn’t wash off, I dyed the shirt with black tea. The dye sort of covers the blue markings but it makes the shirt looks old and worn. Perhaps my dyeing wasn’t done correctly. That’s another try for another day.
aquamarine, ball, bjd, cut, doll, dolly, elegance, enchanted, eyes, gretel, hansel, hd 57, humming, jointed, kaoru, lace, Leekeworld, muffin, RUSI, spiritdoll, SWITCH, tatting, tsune, Uhui, uhui r, Volks
aquamarine, ball, bjd, doll, dolly, elegance, enchanted, eyelashes, haru, hd 57, hd 60, hd 65, humming, jointed, kaoru, love60, mikado, Millefeuille, mizuki, muffin, nougat, RUSI, sadol, SD, shiho, soseo, spiritdoll, SWITCH, tsune, Uhui, Volks, waseon, wild, ziki
Do you know there are many different types of eyelashes and at a wide range of prices for both human and BJD? I was amazed by the varieties and prices when I was looking around for my dollies.
In this post, I would like to share on those I have bought for my dollies. I tried to capture their eyelashes in these photos. Hope it’s clear enough.
1. Eyelashes for human (S$2) – need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes; took some effort to put them on her.
2. Volks Eyelashes for SD (300+yen), more natural looking – no trimming required; easy to put on him.
3. Volks Eyelashes for SD (about 600+yen): this one came in one length for you to cut out the amount you need; no trimming required; easy to put on him.
4. Eyelashes for human ($2), different style: need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes a bit; some efforts to put on him.
5. Eyelashes for human ($2), different style: need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes a fair bit; some efforts to put on her.
5. Volks Eyelashes for SD (300+yen?): this one is white colour; no cutting or trimming required; easy to put it on him.