in a week…don’t you think so? ~ Kaoru
In many ways, this loose shirt is an experiment. This soft and thin white cloth is called “Bahama Voile”. It wrinkles but I quite like the effect. Then I varied the box shirt pattern. And finally, because some of the blue sewing markings wouldn’t wash off, I dyed the shirt with black tea. The dye sort of covers the blue markings but it makes the shirt looks old and worn. Perhaps my dyeing wasn’t done correctly. That’s another try for another day.
aquamarine, ball, bjd, cut, doll, dolly, elegance, enchanted, eyes, gretel, hansel, hd 57, humming, jointed, kaoru, lace, Leekeworld, muffin, RUSI, spiritdoll, SWITCH, tatting, tsune, Uhui, uhui r, Volks
aquamarine, ball, bjd, doll, dolly, elegance, enchanted, eyelashes, haru, hd 57, hd 60, hd 65, humming, jointed, kaoru, love60, mikado, Millefeuille, mizuki, muffin, nougat, RUSI, sadol, SD, shiho, soseo, spiritdoll, SWITCH, tsune, Uhui, Volks, waseon, wild, ziki
Do you know there are many different types of eyelashes and at a wide range of prices for both human and BJD? I was amazed by the varieties and prices when I was looking around for my dollies.
In this post, I would like to share on those I have bought for my dollies. I tried to capture their eyelashes in these photos. Hope it’s clear enough.
1. Eyelashes for human (S$2) – need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes; took some effort to put them on her.
2. Volks Eyelashes for SD (300+yen), more natural looking – no trimming required; easy to put on him.
3. Volks Eyelashes for SD (about 600+yen): this one came in one length for you to cut out the amount you need; no trimming required; easy to put on him.
4. Eyelashes for human ($2), different style: need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes a bit; some efforts to put on him.
5. Eyelashes for human ($2), different style: need to cut suitable length for the eyes; have to trim the length of the lashes a fair bit; some efforts to put on her.
5. Volks Eyelashes for SD (300+yen?): this one is white colour; no cutting or trimming required; easy to put it on him.
New face up. New eyes. New sailor outfit. Not-so-new wig. Allow me to introduce the new Kaoru.
This new eyes came in the Jijimi bag from SWITCH. Usually I will not buy any fortune bag or jijimi bag because I do not want the trouble of having to deal with things I do not need or want. But this year, somehow, I bought one. One of the items is this pair of 18mm aquamarine eyes. Amongst my dolly family, only Kaoru and Haru can take big sized eyes. So now, Kaoru has new pair of eyes. The fun of having a BJD is they are highly customisable. Change the eyes, the face up or the wig, and they look different.
And I quite like this new look. (^_^) I think he looks less sleepy…